What is the purpose of this blog?

I am Bob Hackendorf, a presbyter in the Anglican Church in North America, and Rector of The Church of the Apostles in Hope Mills, NC. This blog is a convenient way for me to share what is on my mind, and to encourage thoughtful discussion on various theological matters. The name of the blog comes from a Collect in the Book of Common Prayer:

Blessed Lord, who hast caused all holy Scriptures to be written for our learning; Grant that we may in such wise hear them, read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest them, that by patience, and comfort of thy holy Word, we may embrace, and ever hold fast the blessed hope of everlasting life, which thou hast given us in our Saviour Jesus Christ.

Friday, August 9, 2013

From PEARUSA... new liturgical music from Drew Collins

Songs for the Liturgy by Drew Collins

7/24/13BY LWATTS
Family PhotoI discovered Anglicanism four years ago. Having led worship since high school, I found myself leading for the first time at Wellspring Church in Englewood, CO, on a Sunday in October 2009. The next morning my wife Sarah jokingly said, “We went to bed last night as regular Christians and woke up this morning as Anglicans!”
As long as I’ve led worship I’ve been interested in learning about my vocational roots. The Anglican tradition offers such a beautiful opportunity to explore worship because of the rhythms of the church year, the richness of the liturgical texts, and the connectedness to the historic Church. While we’ve come to love the tradition, our feeling at home in Anglicanism is largely due to the local community that we’re part of at Wellspring. We deeply appreciate being part of a church family that cares about the neighborhood, that gives sacrificially, and that loves one another so well. In the midst of this body I have found the inspiration to write and arrange songs for the Church.  Read it all here.

No comments:

Post a Comment